Delaware Wine and Beer Festival 2014
Delaware's "Official" Wine and Beer Festival, now in its fifth year and winner of the 2014 "Top 100 USA Events" by the American Bus Association.
Tickets are now on sale! Buy Now!
- Saturday, October 11, 2014, 12 noon - 5 p.m.
- Delaware Agricultural Museum & Village
- 866 N. DuPont Highway, Dover, Delaware
Like us on Facebook for the most up-to-the-minute festival news.
"Drink Local, Eat Local, Buy Local" is the perfect theme for the fifth annual event that blends Delaware's finest wineries, breweries and distilleries into one great event. In fact, it's the only festival in Delaware that offers all its vintners, brewers and distillers at one event. A number of select local eateries will be preparing Delaware delacasies such as seafood, barbecue and even cupcakes made with local wine and beer. So get your taste buds fired up for the Fifth Annual Delaware Wine & Beer Festival, sponsored by Kent County Tourism and set for Saturday, October 11. Here a a few of the high notes:
- The event will be held in the scenic 19th Century Farm Village, aptly named Loockerman Village (pronounced Lock-er-man) after the famous Loockerman family of Dover. An old farm house, school house, country church, a blacksmith shop and even a covered bridge make up the unique college in the village. With the colorful fall leaves against the backdrop of Silver Lake, it's the perfect place to take photos and make memories.
- Admission, which will include 10 sampling tickets, will be $25 in advance with and $35 at the door.
- Designated driver tickets are $10 per person; however, those purchasing designated driver tickets cannot purchase sampling or full pour tickets. In other words, if you wish to drink, purchase the regular admission ticket.
- Advance ticket sales end at 12 noon, October 8, 2014. After that, tickets will only be sold at the event.
- Sampling tickets may be used at any of the breweries, wineries or distilleries -- sample 10 of the same or 10 different wines, beers or spirits.
- We suggest that you take lawn chairs and/or blankets. That way, you can stake out your favorite spot, purchase a lovely meal, cozy up with your favorite libations and listen to live music.
- Live music will be provided.
- Full pours of wine, beer and spirits will be available for sale along with non-alcoholic beverages and upsale food provided by local restaurants.
- We will offer a Wine Store with discounted prices on wines from participating wineries.
- We will offer a Merchandise Store with souvenir t-shirts, posters, aprons, commerative wine glasses and beer glasses for sale.
"Drink Local" -- Invited Breweries, Wineries and Distilleries...
Festival-goers will have the opportunity to meet Delaware's celebrity vintners, brewers and distillers, and talk about their locations, their products and their processes. Here's our list of invited and confirmed participants. Check back often as we continue to confirm those participating.
"Eat Local" -- Invited Restaurants, Pubs, Food Trucks...
The following restaurants and eateries will have delicious food, desserts, or beverages available for sale.